Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

show the weld itself by black triangle

ronfya

Anyone knows how I can show a weld on a drawing by a black filled triangle at the exact spot where the weld is (in addition of the welding symbol which points the black triangle by its arrow) ?

Thanks

Ronyfa,

This is possible but awkward (personally, I would bother with the filled triangle and just use the weld symbol, this is more than explanitory)

However,

In drawing, draw a sketched line. Use SNAPPING REFS to pick the two lines on your view that the weld will be between. Complete your triangle (I usually overdraw the third line and use Edit>-Trim>-To Intersection and delete lines that are not part of the triangle. This ensures that the triangle is 'whole'). Then Edit>-Fill>-Solid and choose the whole triangle. (You can change the colour by RMB on the filled section and going to properties). Once you have that all completed select all the weld (Incl. fill) and Edit>-Group>-Relate to View (ensures that ifyou move the view, the weld details go with it)

You can attach the weld symbol to the third line

Kev

Like Kev said (the same steps) but make it a symbol. This way you can assign some snapping points, to be able to put it more accurately at the intersection of those 2 lines.

Never tried this, but I made something similar to a ISO geom tol symbol, and had some success with it....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back