Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Show Min Dimension in a drawing

bac478

From time to time we put MIN or MAX dimensions on drawings, for example an included angle where the radius cannot exceed a certain value but can be as small as the fabricator would like. Sometimes it would be beneficial to have the model show the feature (or part in the case of an assembly) at a dimensional value other than it's min or max. I know this can be done by tricking Pro/E using the edit>setup>dim bound menu. Is there an easy way to simply display only the upper OR lower limit of a shown dimension but not both at the same time? I know I could create a relation and parameter and use the tp and tm values, but I wonder if there is a straightforward solution that I am just not aware of. Does anything like this exist? How do others show their MIN and MAX dimensions on drawings?

Thanks

I set the dimension tolerance mode to nominal but set asymmetric upper and lower tolerance values (this is a little counter intuitive like a lot of Pro/E but it works). So if I want to have a chamfer at say 0.3 max. I make the dimension value 0.3 and put 0 for the upper tolerance and 0.3 for the lower tolerance. Add the text string max. to the dimension text. Then go to the dim bound menu and set the dimension to MIDDLE. The chamfer will regenerate to 0.15 but the dimension will display as 0.3 max. on the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back