Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

show erase no dims with (0’s)

ice8

any config file to tell pro not to include any dimensions that are exactly 0 not to appear?

thanks in advance

I don't understand, to include where?, can't you just erase or delete that dimension. Right click on it and select erase or delete.

Post a picture or something to understand better to what are you refering.

ice8,

It sounds like you are showing the dimensions as in "show all in a view" and getting some of the values that are 0 in the sketch or assembly. Perhaps use the option in show/erase to show the dimensions and only click on the ones you want to keep.

assembly dimensions or part dimensions?

cheers,

M

magneplanar said:
ice8,

It sounds like you are showing the dimensions as in "show all in a view" and getting some of the values that are 0 in the sketch or assembly. Perhaps use the option in show/erase to show the dimensions and only click on the ones you want to keep.

assembly dimensions or part dimensions?

cheers,

M

yes exactly sorry if i worded it wrong

of course i can just click or not click them thats not the point I just dont want them showing up when i hit view all some sheetmetal parts may contain up to 10 of these sometimes. just trying to clear some of the clutter off of my screen

Dross is correct andI think that this is generally acknowledged as good sketcher practice. Use of constraints in sketcher is a powerful way to decrease the number of dimensions in a part and an excellentway to show design intent.

Kev

PS Another good habit is to make all constraints Strong before existing sketcher mode.....

I agree with Dross & Prohammy for the 0 dims. However, it would be sweet if Pro/E would not show all those 360 degree dimensions from revolved cuts/protrusions. Nobody ever wants to see those. Anybody know a way to get rid of them (other than erase)? Pro/E used to make 90, 180, 270, full and variable revolves. The dimension only showed up for the variable. Then they "improved" it.

Dr-Gallup,

PTC have done many things to 'imporve' their product over the last few years. Datum planes on the fly (thank God its back), it just seems to be their way

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back