Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Show dimension by feature and view

succello

Is there way to show a dimension by feature and view.
Every time I select a feature on the model tree and do a "show model annotations" dimensions show in some random view.
I don't want to have to move dimensions to the desired view.... There used to be an option to "set view current". Can't find it anywhere.I'm on Creo 2.0.
Any help would be appreciated

Open the show annotations dialog and click on the feature in the view (not the model tree) you want and it'll show up in that view and you can make the selections from there.

Thanks, but I knew it could be done that way. I'd like to use the model tree though. If you have a model with a few hundred features, cycling thru picking the feature in the view can be annoying at best. It takes for ever.

Haven't tried it, but have you clicked on the view you want things to display in, opened the show annotations and then selected the feature from the model tree? Has a chance if working I'd try it myself but I'm not at work to monkey with it.

If you hover the pointer in the area you can right click and get the pick from list option. It will list the features as if you are reading the model tree!

Scratch what I said earlier, tried it at work and it does the same thing as picking from the model tree, put it in a random view.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back