Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

show arc length in drawing

To Insert Additional Dimensions< ="" title="WebHelpSplitCss" ="text/">

< ="" title="BSSC Special Effects" src="./ehlpdhtm.js" name="EHELP_DHTM">

< ="" ="text/">

< ="" title="WebHelpInline" ="text/">

< ="1.2" src="whmsg.js" ="text/">< ="" src="whver.js" ="text/">< ="1.2" src="whproxy.js" ="text/">< ="1.2" src="whutils.js" ="text/">< ="1.2" src="whtopic.js" ="text/">< ="1.2" ="text/">

It seems these all are angular dimensions. So its just a bit of adjustment in drawing configuration file. just take proe inbuild help

Hi Sanjeev,

Please follow the following steps to get the arc length dimension

1. Select the arc (LMB)

2. Click on the end points of the arc (each one separately)

3. Position the cursor on the screen where you would like to position the dimension and then click the middle button

4. Choose the option Arc length ( other option available is the included angle)

You shoud get a dimension like this one below

Anand

Hi Sanjeev,

Sometimes you may not get the radius dimension (let alone arc length) if the arc is not limited to one plane. Also, if you are trying to dimension on the unbent surface then also, it is not possible to dimension arc length. Just check whether it is possible to dimension the arc with a radius. If this is possible, then dimensioning arc length is also possible.

I have tried in one of my sheet metal models to dimension an arc with arc length and I am able to do so without any problem.

Anand

Our product is composed of many continues arc, we need in detail drawing create Arc Lenght dimension with leader stile of Angular dimension. So us suporrter recomande us:

1) On arc entity create Arc Length Dimension, on same entity create Angular Dimesion,

2) Open Properites of Angular Dimesion, in Dimension Text modify textfrom @D to @O&ad6 (ad6 is number of Arc Length Dimension),

3) ERASE Arc Length Dimesion

Edited by: pidigota

i havea different problem here.

i create obround holes/other features in flat (as shown)

then i bend it to required shape(as shown). and on this final shape i want to show the arc dimensions of obrounds and other hole features from the edge of the sheet.

Edited by: sanjeevkar1

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back