Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shading issue

dojo

Hello guys,

I recently got a new laptop from hp (8710w) with the quadro FX 1600M 510Mb. My previouslaptop with XP had the FX Go-1400 256Mb 2Gb ram and ran with no issues. The new laptop has Vista buisiness (unfortunally) with 4Gb.

The problem in Wildfire2 : At random intervals the shading of the models goes completely flat which can only be resolved by restarting WF.

Picture like it should be : :

And then it turns to this (after for example panning or zooming), it goes back to the previous picture when you rotate the model:

Strange thing is, it does not happen in WF 3 ..

I tried the certified driver from PTC with the same result. Display is set to open GL(default), and the nvidia panel is set to PTC pro engineer. Changing the Vista desktop to windows classic also does not resolve this. I'm going to to make a dual boot anyway with XP and hope this will resolve it.

Question : Anyone else had this issue, or know what the best settings are for this NVIDIA card (VSYNC, Antialiasing, Anisotropic filtering, etc)

Thanks in advance

Nick
Edited by: dojo

Dojo,

I don't believe either software is Vista certified, could this be the root cause of the issue. Also is your Nvidia driver certified?

Cheers for the reply, yeah I think so too. I'm waiting for the downgrade XP cd's and drivers from HP so I can make a dual boot. The driver itself is the nr mentioned on the ptc side so that should be the right one. I'll keep you updated if its purely vista related and sorted when XP is running.

Nick

Hi,
I have similar problem with WF2 (M220/M270)and Nvidia Quadro FX1600M. My laptop is also HP 8710w (4GB memory / XP professional).
What I have found is that if you enable the spin center (ON) then the model is shaded correctly. WF3 works ok.
Edited by: motskari

Hey Motskari,

Great tip man! It sure looks like thishelps alot withthe issue even under Vista. No downgrade cd's havearrived yet ...

Thanks,

Nick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back