Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

shaded ISO in drawing

design-engine

In WF3.0 I am showing a shaded view in my drawing. What is the catch for controling layers in my shaded view? I guess there is a config or something because it aint worken and I got a bunch of curves and surfaces that needs not be there.

Edited by: design-engine

Ok.. now it's midnight and I still have not resolved this fugly PDF crap. Now it's back to non shaded. paid by the hour aint bad.

It's when right before the PDF is to save out that Pro/E does a big flash and all the dtm's and surfaces just flash on for no reason. Then the PDF saves out with curves and surfaces on.

Until the guys with WF3 are waking up, just a thought, maybe it's like in WF2, the layers are set individually to that view and that's why the curves and surfaces are showing. In WF2 you wouldshow thelayers, then click on the arrow from layers if the outline of the views it's green then the layers are set individually to that view, if it's blue then the layers of that view are from the general drawing layers.

maybe... I found a setting or two in the drawing config.

shade_surface_feat -> no
shade_with -> no

Hide in the part helped some too.

Ill look into layers with specific views... Not sure at first what you mean by in WF2 the layers are set individually and all that about click on the arrow from layers if the outline of the view it;s green...

There has to be more to it.

About the layers: in drawing you can set the layers individually on each view. This way if you want to show a curve only in one view and not the others, you set the layers on that view to show the curve and hide the curve layer for the others. Maybe is the same thing in WF3

It was just a thought, that's whay I said untilthe guys with WF3 wake up and help. But I guess nobody here is using WF3, because I don't want to think they don't want to help
smiley2.gif

just a thought...

right click the shaded view and see what is set in view info. based on that you should be able to decide how to set up the layers for that view.

you can then make a new layer to customize what is shown in that shaded view and apply rules or editing as needs be.

I will try this later to get details to show when printing and then isolate them as described

cheers,

M

I have had this problem in the past using WF3 and resolved it by:

1. Hiding the curve layer

2. Click the "SaveAsPDF" icon located next to the printer icon (We have Adobe acrobat installed so I'm not sure if it will be there if acrobat is not installed)

3. Click the "Content" tab on the "PDF Export Settings" dialog box.

4. Click "Visible Only" as thelayers options

5. Click OK and your PDF will print with only the layers visible.

Hope this helps!

Josh Noble

I have had the same issue when creating a "setup sheet" drawing. I have allways put an ISO view to help the machine operators visualize the setup. When WF3 came out, it was sure nice to have the ISO view shaded.

What I found out, was if you called up the drawing first, the ISO view showed up on the screen with all of the junk that supposed to be shut off by layers. If I open the assembly first, then shade it, then open up the drawing, everything shows up correctly on the screen, as well as in the PDF file created.

I don't know why this works, but it is a work around until PTC fixes the problem.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back