Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shade Datum Plane

Atropos89

Does anyone know how to set the display of datum planes to be shaded? I don't want the default border-onlydisplay, I want to be able to visually estimate where a plane bisects a part.

This is an old wish list item ( [url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21 767&PN=10&get=last[/url]) I'm not on CREO so hopefully they decided to implement it, but otherwise I think you are out of luck.
smiley19.gif

<tg>

What I've done in the past is create a surface thru that plane and set its color to say 50% transparent. Then hide or unhide that feature when I want to see intersection.

Another thing you could do is create a curve by intersection. Then you will see outline where ever the plane intersects the part.

If your worried about features, then you could genterate and XSEC thru that plane and just set it to visible. Kind of like curve method, but you don't have an additional feature in the model tree.

Curve by Intersection has been working fairly well. As far as I can tell, Creo doesn't have this feature yet. Maybe 2.0?

Atropos89 said:
Curve by Intersection has been working fairly well. As far as I can tell, Creo doesn't have this feature yet. Maybe 2.0?

i would be very suprised if curve/intersect has been removed in Creo

Edited by: tobbo

Creo isn't a new software, neither a rewrite of ProE, its just another version of Wildfire. it has all capabilities of ProE wildfire 5.0+new stuff and ofcourse curve by intersection. i guess the original poster wants to display shaded planes like solidworks, which isn't available in creo.

i think this can solve your purpose...

first create a surface using fill or extrude (you can also make its references parameter driven as per your requirement) . now a create a datum plane taking this surface as a reference. use this datum plane for making cross section. now u can change the references of surface to change the location of cross section and u can color and shade the surface as well. try it....

tobbo said:
Atropos89 said:

i would be very suprised if curve/intersect has been removed in Creo

Sorry, that was poorly worded. I meant Creo doesn't have the shaded plane feature, but I have been usingCurve by Intersection in its place.

did u tried this.......?????

first create a surface using fill or extrude (you can also make its references parameter driven as per your requirement) . now a create a datum plane taking this surface as a reference. use this datum plane for making cross section. now u can change the references of surface to change the location of cross section and u can color and shade the surface as well. try it....

Thanks eert, but I was looking for something more along the lines of a display type that could liveas aconfig.pro option.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back