Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Set Up

Geneg

I wonder if anybody can advise me how to change config.pro (?) to get both model tree and layer tree to bevisible at the same time.

Thanks
Edited by: Geneg

Gene, it's under tools>customize screen>Navigation tabs

model tree settings> check box ...display as seperate window

and then the various positions

William,

I got it in W3, while in W2 it is a choice of top and bottom and it takes the whole widthof the window. If there is anything that I am missing?

It is possible to get the Model tree to appear in a separate, detached, movable window in WF3.

The following configs must be added to your config.pro that gets loaded upon startup, or your local config.pro:

enable_tree_indep (yes)

mdl_tree_cfg_file -- (example: H:\proworking\tree.cfg)

(set value to path to your startup working directory where you can put your tree.cfg file)

model_tree_start (yes)

www_tree_location (out)

piping_system_tree_format (example: H:\proworking)

Now you must go to the Customize Screen... menu

(One must bear in mind that unless certain configurations areturned on, certain options and radio button picks are not available in ProE menus.)

Next, from the main toolbar at the top of the screen, go to: TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE SCREEN > Navigation Tabs

In the bottom part of the Navigation Tab you should see a box "model Tree Settings"

Make sure that there is a check mark in "display as separate window".

Select the placement position as desired.

Select width you desire.

Select height as a% or select (check mark) "Same height as graphics area"

Click Apply Settings.

Check mark "Automatically save to: " (navigate to your local directory with configs)

Open a part or assembly and delight in the ability to use both the Model Tree and the Layer Tree without having to toggle back and forth.

Good Luck!!

HCMK

Set the enable_tree_indep option in your config.pro and the option on the Customize Screen will become selectable. You can also separate the layer tree by setting the option floating_layer_tree.

I did find that having more than one window open will cause the option to show greyed out on the Navigations Tabs.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back