Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Select a Pro/E Startup Configuration

wrbird

When I open Pro/E WF 2.0 the first thing that comes up is:

moz-screenshot.jpg

I would figure that Pro/E is seeing two different startup configurations, but I don't know where these are coming from. I have a single config.sup and config.pro in my loadpoint directory. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this issue and have Pro/E just read my config files?

Thanks for your help

Hey wrbird,

Looks like you have two configuration files (proe1.psf and proe2.psf)in your <load point>\bin directory. There is no harm in deleting one of them becuase it can easily be recreated, but If you have not been messing around with ptcsetup.bat and have no ideaidea how you got two of them, you might check with sys admin. before blowing it away. One may have more or different modules than the other.

later Jim

Hello Jim,

Thanks so much for letting me. Yes you are absolutely right, proe1.psf and proe2.psf exists. These files are identical except for two lines:

ENV=PRO_MECH_COMMAND="%PRO_DIRECTORY%\bin\proe.exe" "%PRO_DIRECTORY%\bin\proe1.psf" [or ...proe2.psf]

ENV=PROE_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv PROE_MechFoundation () [or ...(213)]

I will try to figure out what these mean unless you already know.

Again, thanks for your help.

Wayne

launch the ptcsetup.bat and then continue on by hitting
next until you get to the license configurations, you be
able to see in that interface which licenses each one of
the .psf file are grabbing.

Hello Corey,

It looks like the proe2 config is accessing the Expert_Framework license.

I've never used Expert Framework before. The last time I used ProE was ver 2001. Then I went to another company where I use SW2008 for the last year. Now I'm back to ProE using WF2. When I open ProE using both configs I don't see any difference between the interfaces or how to access Expert Framework. So I have a bit of a learning curve here.

Anyways, thanks for your help, it's teaching me alot. If you have any other pointers in regard to this it will be greatly appreciated!!

Wayne

Hey wrbird,

Since it is a floating license, it should be avilable under >TOOLS.FLOATING MODULES, unless one of your co-works already has it in use.

later Jim

You wont see any difference in the interface until you have
EFX installed as well as the protkdat config option
pointing to the directory that the protk.dat file is in, in
the EFX install directory.

At this point you have the license checked out but cannot
use it due to the lack of having it installed/set up
properly

EFX is not integrated into the generic Pro/E install, its
much like EMX and PDX so it won't behave like Mechanism,
Advanced Assembly, Mold and so on

Sponsor