Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

screw fastener with preload

paoloz

Dear all,

do anybody tell me some tips about modeling a screw fastener with a preload in pro_mechanica, in a handy way, without increasing the computational complexity of the simulation?

I have use the fastener->screw, but i dont know how to preload the fastener.Is it useful adding a spring?

Many thanks.

First, enable "Advanced" in the screw fastener dialog box

Next, enter the preload you want. Run the analysis, but note in the results that the actualbolt forceis less than you requested. Now scale the input preload using the desired/actual and run the analysis again. You should finally have a simulation that represents your intended preload.

If you don't have the Advanced option in your version of Mechanica, you will want to do the same thing using spring elements.

David
Edited by: dgeesaman

Hey,

while the builtin options for preloading a fastner work, you need an advanced license to use them another way of doing it is by using a temperature load on a fastner model, the contraction of the pin will preload it, you will have to do some hand calcs to determine the temperature the pin needs to be, also the contacts have to be right so that the pin and part have no thermal contact.

hope it helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back