Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Scale my drawings to actual size?

Fred_The_Frog

I am having problems with moving pro engineer drawings to 2D design. Im not worried about the 2d design part. <br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">When i have a drawing of a part in Pro Engineer but i need to make it acutal size for 2D design. When i convert a part to a drawing it comes up as scale of 1/192. This isnt acutal size and i have deleted all drawings except the one i need. What is the scale for acutal size because when i put 1/1 it comes up too big. Very big.<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">I was testing it with a 50x50mm block and i still could not get it actual size on pro engineer.<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">How do i do it?<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Thanks
smiley1.gif

What size format are you using? Also check your part unit system and make sure you are actually in millimeters.

Can i ask how to check what im using cause im quite new, thanks
im hoping im using millimeters cause thats what i have designed it to be :S :)

Depending on the version you are using your initial selections will be different but you will end up in the same dialog boxes. For WF5 select File>Properties. For earlier version select Edit>Setup and select Units on menu manager. The following shows part of the initail dialog box you see in WF5. The second is the dialog box you use to set the unit system. This will be the same for all versions.

View attachment 4784

View attachment 4785

If your part isn't in the unit system you were expecting you can change it. Select the system you want to change to and select Set. A dialog box will pop-up asking if you want to convert or interpret dimensions. In your case you want interpret.

Thanks, Your a genuis! xD
It was in inches, so i changed it to mm. I made it so one inch= 1 mm.
Im just gonner fix it cause some parts are in the wrong place, but some parts failed to regenerate, i dont suppose you know how to make them so they have regenerated properly?

Thanks, hopefully it will work now, thanks so much :D

That can be difficult to say not knowing exactly what is going on. Try suppressing the failing features and see what you get. Do you get a lot of failing features? Can you get any information on what is causing the feature(s) to fail?

When you changed your units did you do same dim or same size, this may make a difference. Also do you have any relations? If so that may make a difference depending on how the numbers are handled. If you have a relation d5=d6+.5. I would be +.5 inches before the change in units and +.5 mm after, big difference.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back