Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

saving hide functions

sgokben

Dear all,(wf4)
It was possible to save hided features for me previously.But now I hide a feature and save it, close the program.When I open the program I see that the feature stands still there.Can someone explaine if this is my fault or not.Best regards.

Are you trying to hide layers?
Are you trying to hide tree list models?
Are you trying to hide features in the Tree list?

Once you have the layer tree displaying, select one of the 'Save' list items from the context menu, otherwise known as the right-click menu.
- That will save the current model and layer status.

I don't think you can save a model with hidden features, or an ass'y with hidden components. You can only save if you use "suppress".

-Rebo

You have to go to the layer display (instead of model tree) right mouse and "save status". Then when you save the model it will have the same layer display and hidden feature display as when you did the "save status". If you change the hidden layer or feature display and save without doing a "save status" you will see a message line warning you the "layer display status was not saved". It's rather cryptic that feature display and layer display is linked like this but the commands and messages don't say a word about feature display. It's the PTC way.

Save status is for turning off (hiding)layers. There is a hide command, too. It doesn't save when you save the model.

Thanks to friends who are interested in my problem.Special thanks to dr gallup who solved my problem.
Best regards.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back