Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Save history function protk proe4

Bopkes

Hello,

i`m new to your forum and also to protk development.
I already build and understood the protk exercises.
Also i played around with some functions (menus,buttons,messages etc.) and everything worked so far.

I use proe4 single licence (only for development),vs2008 express, vist 64bit.

Now i`m looking for a function which enables me to read the "save history" of a part or a model. "Save history" means the last save time/date of a active model.
Like it can be found under: INFO----->audit_trail.

I already tried the function: ProMdlDataGet
But it only retrieves the model typ,name and save path.

Also I tried the function: ProMdlVerstampGet
But it only retrieves a empty adress.
I think the problem with this functions is, that the version stamp is a workspace object and i only use a file system (single license), so it can`t retrieve anything.
Please tell me if i`m wrong!

So is there a function which could help me or can it be done another way??
Somone got an idea??

With the informations from ProMdlDataGet you can retrieve the file of the model into your disk. So you can use standards C function to find the time/date of this file.

(the file is like example.prt.# wher # is an number, you have to find the latest file named example.prt.* in the directory).

Hi spinta,

and thx for reply!
It's a good idea...but as i said, i just work on disk for developing.
Later the files are saved somewhere in our PDM-System.

But i found another way which is working for my problem!
I just was looking for the "save history" to find out the last time/date the part was changed an saved.

so what i do now is craeting a paramter with the actual date and time if the parameter doesn`t exist yet. if it does exist, only the value of the parameter will be changed to the actual date/time....but only if the model was changed and saved.
Therefor i`m using function (PRO_MDL_SAVE_PRE,(ProFunction)UserParam).
So everytime the user creat an new model or modifies an existing model the actual date will be added to the parameters value if the user saves the model.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back