Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Save a new spin center

geertdaenen

Hello,

sometimes we receive some CAD-data from our customers. Most of the times these CAD-data arebuild with surfaces in another CAD-program, and the spin center is quit ofthen far away of the middle point of the parts.

The problem is: when we want to rotate the parts, the rotation is very clumsy (because of the spin center is such far away).

Then we have two possible solutions:
1. We put of the spin center. But then the spin center can also be very clumsy (because it changes everytime we click)
2. Or we define a new spin center with the preferences in the view manager. This is the best solution, because we can choose our own usefull spin center.

But now, my question is:
Is there a possibility to save the spin center we've chosen with the view manager? Because now we have to go to the view manager everytime we open the part (because ProE doesn't remember our chosen spin center). And this is a time-consuming job (if you have to do it 20 times a day).

Is there anybody who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Bestbet is to spend $25 on a used spaceball and turn off Spin Center (establish rotation ctrwith MMB as you go).

Next best (?) isset up UCS wherever you want to anchor Spin Ctr and make a mapkey to set it.

I, too, wish saved views would 'record' the rotation center but don't think it's possible.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back