Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

@s, and adding tolerances

dvennard

i have a family table for a part, and i change the properties of the dimension from "@d" to "@s", this lets me insert a name for the dimension, "L1" for example. however, when i do that, i lose my tolerance for the dimension...so far my solution has just been to type the tolerance as a text in the properties box...my issue with that is if i ever want to change the tolerance, i have to remember to also manually update the text...is there a good solution for this problem? or is manually typing the tolerances the best way to go?

thanks for the help...just one quick question before i attempt that...after creating the relation, how do i insert that to my dimension? do i type in the "tol1" right after the @O? does it need a "&" or something?

that sounds like a great solution, i cant wait to try it...i hope it works...

thanks, its like 90% of the way there, definately better than it was...

changed the display name from "d5" to "L1"

i created the relation "tol1=tpm5"

in the dimension properties box, i changed "@D" to "@S"...i tried the "@O" command, but it doesnt do anything...it just reverts back to @D...any suggestion about that?

now the dimension on my drawing reads "L1 0.250"

any thoughts on why the "

dvennard said:
in the dimension properties box, i changed "@D" to "@S"...i tried the "@O" command, but it doesnt do anything...it just reverts back to @D...any suggestion about that?

@O can only be used with dimensions created in the drawing, not shown model dimensions.

Can you change the amount of decimals by inserting right after the entity symbol you want to control the decimal place of: [.x] where x is the amount of decimal places.

Sip

with the relation i used to create the tolerance parameter, it always comes up as 3 decimal places, changing the decimals using the properties box didnt work. that extra note did the trick tho...although i had to stick it in the properties text box, it kept failing when it was in my relation dialog...

any suggestions on how to get the relation parameter to make the "

Decimal places in this case will not be controlled by the dimension. it will default to 3 place. I have tried to change the decimal by &[.#] but for some reason its not working. Its been so long, I can't remember why. It suck, I used to know all this crap. AHHHHH, I'll have to go and re-learn myself.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back