Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Running Proe from home

appinmi

I am trying to configure Proe to run at home using the liscense server where I work. The problem that I have, is that my company use a "VPN client" software to connect from home. When telling Proe where the liscense server is, instead of a "host name ", I must put in an I.P. address: (ex:192.168.0.1). When I do this, I get the message "server not found".

I can attach drives to this server using the "net use" command from a prompt, so I know that my computer can see the server at work.How do I tell Proe how to find the server?

All Pro/E needs is a port (7788 default) and an ip address to get a license. If you're sure you've got both of those right then I suspect it's your vpn setup. Are you using a router at home? If you are then you'll need to make sure it's set up for VPN to work properly. In the router configuration it's typically called something along the lines of "VPN Pass-Through" or "IPSEC" and you'll have to get those set properly.

I got it work now, all I did was try the IP address again and it worked. Must be it takes a some time for Proe to realize that I am connected to a network through the VPN client. I rebooted several times, and as long as I connect to work, and wait at least 2 minutes before launching Proe, it works just fine.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back