Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Roughing

camtd

<DIV>Hi</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Is there a way to limit the Z depth of a toolpath in the roughing sequence? I would</DIV>
<DIV>like to leave .03 on the surface. But I want to rough down 2 inches and not the 3 inches of the model.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I am working with surfaces so I cannot use the volume sequence.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thank You</DIV>

Follw this step,
select window,edit definition,suspend all,now u will get machine window. in that u can see the option depth. select it and define the depth.this is applicable for all the sequences done with that window.

There is also a parameter BOTTOM_STOCK_ALLOW when set to "-" it assumes the same value a PROFILE_STOCK_ALLOW. You can give it any value you want to change the final "Z". An example is:you want to leave stock on the walls, but finish the floor, so make this parameter "0".

<DIV>Hi</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>In the roughing sequence I only see rough stock allowance. Is there something I have turn off or need to turn on? </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>In this setup I cannot go with volume mill because it is a imported file that is only surfaces and it cannot be heal the geometry to make it a solid.</DIV>

In your NC sequence, redefine the window. Select Depth, Redefine. In the "depth" dialog, pick Z Depth, and enter the "Z" level that you want to tool to stop at.

Another methodmay be to use the parameter AXIS_SHIFT. A negative value shifts Z towards the spindle. A positive value shifts Z into the part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back