Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Revision and Iteration Problem

mbrehmer

Pro/E Wildfire 4
Windchill PDM 9.0

So we have a problem. I've been wipping out family tables because during our migration from Intralink (2) to Windchill (9) they got messed up. I've come to one family table that I have now gotten the parts out of and iterations inside the table were messed up. (hear me out this is hard to explain)

Now with the new iterations that I've made which should be the newest ones, they are out of date because the program thinks that a previous version is the newest:

I have a version D.5 which is the one that I've made without family tables dependencies. This was made 8/12/09. This also made a regular part out of the generic family table part. (which is what is supposed to happen)

However, there was a version C.1 which was made 2/3/09 that the program now thinks is the "newest" version of the part. The problem is is that this version is family table dependent. Which pulls an old version of our generic part.

So we have this: Pull an "old" (just created) version of the part without the family table problem or pull the "new" (older) version of the part and an old generic with the family table problem.

So I'm wondering how we can go about making it so that the program thinks D.5 is the newest version of the part instead of the older C.1. Any help would be appreciated.

I have email notify on so I'll be checking this frequently if I need to give more info to anyone trying to help!

Thanks in advance!!!
Matt

So I thought about a new way to relay this to make it easier to understand to maybe get some help on this subject. I have a part, and I want to make an out of date version become the newest version of the part. I can't/don't want to delete the other revisions of the part. So how do I go about doing this when I can't perform "make new revision" on an out of date version of the part?

Thanks!

bump. Still trying to get this to work. With parts that weren't associated with family tables I can just delete the newer version. But with parts that used to be associated with family tables I can't.

I'm not sure I completely understand your issue, and perhaps you already tried this, but just in case:
<UL>
<LI>Open the parts that were pulled from the family table first so they stay in session.
<LI>Open the new assembly, not the old one that's considered "new". It should open using the components you opened on the previous step
<LI>Just for the heck of it, you may want to run ModelCheck. With PDM 9 sometimes circular references and a few other issues prevent assemblies from uploading correctly, don't ask me why as I would like to know myself too.
<LI>Once it clears without any major issues, store it back into your workspace and commonspace</LI>[/list]

I'm sure you already verified that your newest version is also the newest version in commonspace. You may be working with a newer version stored on your local machine, of which commonspace is not aware of and therefore the last "official" version in commonspace would not be the same as yours. I'm not sure this helps, I hope it does.

Aaron M.

Edited by: AaronMejia

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back