Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

restructure...

design-engine

I have forgot how to use restructure....Restructure is grayed out in my assembly.

I created an empty sub assembly into my main assembly and I have a couple parts that I want to switch into a low level sub assembly.I think what I am trying to do is not possible...
Edited by: design-engine

You cannot restructure the first component, maybe that's part of the problem. An easy fix for that is add an empty, dummy component, default constrained and drag it to the top of the tree. Not sure, but you may need AAX to use restructure, which I assume that you have. Other than that, I dunno.

Here arethe other rules taken from the help for WF4:

- When restructuring, if both the original component and the target assemblyaremembers of the same level assembly, you must move the children of the original component as well.

- You cannot restructure components that are part of a pattern.

- If an assembly contains multiple copies of the same subassembly, you cannot restructure the components of that subassembly.

- You cannot restructure an assembly if multiple occurrences of the original assembly exist.

It's possible but very aggravating and slow. I haven't tried it in WF4 yet but from WF2 the last time I used you go to Edit Restructure. Then you get to select 1 and only 1 component no groups or multi select and then get to choose the assembly to move it too. You also get to interact with your old friend or foe the Menu Manager.

When Command is activated Move Comp is highlighted and you get 1 and only 1 pick [Select 1 item] After picking that singular component. Select Target is activate and you get to pick a destination for that component to travel by itself to.

When command finishes You have to hit Done and exit the Restructure command then activate it again.

If you try to select the command again before hitting done it gives the following error and this is on WF4

Probably faster to build the assembly separately Assemble it and delete the components out.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back