Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

restoring workplace cache files in proe

chrish

I recently hadmy windchillserver malfunction and the pointer address for it's location. I was working offline at the time and when I went to change to work online I lost my server registry all together. Now I have a bunch of files that I can not access or have lost or are corrupted. It appears that they were being cached but I do not know how to restore these we.cache or .wfcont files. Does anyone know hot restore these so I can access these files again?

Hi Chrish!

In your cache dir, normally (in XP) in your profile /Application Data/ptc, you have the cache directory. There you have 2 kinds of files lid_* and sid_*. Local id and server id. The local ones is the interseting ones.. I use a "program" dsfsr.exe to find the file names that I'm searching for. Rename the file to the proper ProE file name xxx.prt and reopen in ProE.

Hint: Make sure that you use the latest file you find in the search.. to make sure it is the latest one..

Hi ABB_pajo,

Thanks very much I was able to locate these lid and sid files and just tried renaming my last one and it appears all is intackt. Now I just need to figure out how best to go through the rest of the ~300 files here. Is there a way to know what each file is, for example .prt or .drw or .asm?

Chris

Hi Chris

What I usually do is as I mention, search for them one by one. The Windows search does not work, so use for instance dsfsr.exe to search for the file name. It is not bullet proof, so you also should open the files you find (with wordpad) to make sure it is the correct files.

Good luck
Patrik

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back