Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

residual table problem

flwad

In the attached file, there are two table outlines which I cannot remove. In fact I cannot select them in any way to remove them.

I removed the format file and all models, and still they persist.

The real problem is that when a 'save a copy' is performed, they copy to the new drawing.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Attachments

• table_problem.drw.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 18
Are they sketched lines that are imbedded in the format itself? I know I've got some lines to make up my 3rd angle project symbol and as a drawing I'm not able to edit or select them and I can't see them in the tree to select either but when I open up the format I'm able to adjust them and select them there.

it could be a 'drawing representation'. Tables etc are frozen in this mode. When opening the (original) drawing, click the file once and on the drop-down menu next to open select 'open representation' then 'All Views', you might be able to select the table now. Also, in 'tools-utilities-' there is a drawing rep button, might be some settings there to change

I tried playing around as well, creating reps, adding a model, etc. I can't seem to select it either. The only thing I find is when I click on "Update Tables" I get this message: "WARNING: some drawing tables were frozen; these are not updated."

So from there, I found these links:

http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-drawing/10580-unfreeze-table.html
http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-drawing/9195-frozen-table.html
PTC Community: Frozen Table

I'm not sure if you have the original drawing that had the format, font, and model included...but maybe one of those things could help? Let us know what you figure out.

Thanks for the effort Mark. I get the same warning with the file I sent, but it doesn't occur with the original file. Probably because I removed the associated models from the submitted file. However, in both cases I still can't select the table to unfreeze it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back