Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Replace feature?

Erich with an H

Does anyone know if there is a replace feature for drawing sheets? I'm trying to insert a modified part into a previous drawing sheet to avoid starting with a blank drawing template. Seems to me there should be a 'right click > replace' similar to that used in parts & assemblies, but I haven't been able to find it in Pro/E. Thanks.

on an empty space in the drawing window, right click and select Properties.

then, on the side menu select Drawing Models, then select the "replace" command. with this you can replace only "Instances" from a family table.

perhaps if you have modified, the drawing is also updated accordingly.

in case if you want both old and modified versions, then save the model with a different name, this also the save the drawing in the new name!

good luck

Have the new part or assembly open without the drawing.
Rename in session the new part to the old name.
Open the drawing.
Go back to the part and rename in session back to the new name.
Go to the drawing and save it.

Isn't tha going to cause me to loose the old part? I can't do that its still an active part in our inventory. I guess I just need to start from scratch with a new drawing and build the BOM. Thanks anyway, this should be easier than it is.

If you do not save between the renames, you will not loose the old part. This assumes that you use the "in session" option. If you do not, you will loose the old part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back