Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

repeat regions and layers

mason82

I have my vehicle trailer assembly set up in different layers toseparate, for example:

-structural steel membersthat are cut straight

-structural steel members that are cut at angles

-steel plates

-prefabricated components

Is there a way to link thehidden status of these layers to a repeat region in a table?

What I am trying to achieve is toproduce adrawing for each layer group that shows the cut list (or BOM) for that layer. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to have a "mother" drawing in which I suppress the components in the layers I don't want in theBOM, regenerate, print or save table, then repeat for the next layer.

I'm hoping that the layers can somehow be linked to the BOM table so that I can have a separate drawing for each layer that will update according to whatever I do with the layers in the assemblymodel.

Now that I've confused you all...

You should switch away from layers and beginusing simplified representations for this purpose. These can be shown on drawing views and in repeat regions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back