Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

repeat region, order of parts

84ballrun

I haveassembly drawing with all relevant components, quantities and descriptions listed in the repeat region in a specific order. Is there any way to keep these in a specific order? If I delete, add or modify a part number it seems to want to reorder them. I end up having to unfix all indexes and fix them individually to get them in my preferred order. It seems very time consuming. Am I missing something?

You don't have to use fix index unless you want them ina "random" order.

You can sort them using any of the repeat region parameters.

Let's say you want them sorted after "part_number", for that you go to table / repeat region / sort regions and then select the region, then click on add, select forward or backward depending on how you want it sorted, then click on the column that contains "part_number" and the repeat region is sorted after part_number. And it will stay like that.

Fix index is used if you want to custom sort the BOM.

Fix index is also used to insure that a component being added will not change the find number of a released assembly drawing. That would require the find number change to be recorded as a revision. Also some places refer to the find number from the drawing in other documents (process sheets for example). That would require an change to those documents that otherwise would not be needed. A good practice would be to fix the index on all released assembly drawings.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back