Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Repeat region changed by relation - qty

moeras

Hello,

I searched about this and found some good info but not exactly what I needed.

I have a table with total quantities. Item 1 & 2 are "tubing" where qantity shouldn't be 1 but "AR" (As Required). Si I changed that by writing this relation:

if asm_mbr_type=="BULK ITEM"
qty="AR"
else
if asm_mbr_name=="part#1"
qty="AR"
else
if asm_mbr_name=="part#2"
qty="AR"
else
qty=rpt_qty
endif
endif
endif

This works fine but when I create balloons the quantity for those two items show 1 instead of "AR". How come it isn't getting the qty from my table? I was able to use REF balloons instead (for those two items only) and change the config file so"AR" shows up instead of "REF" but I want to know if there is way of doing it with the real balloons?

Thanks,

Erasmo

The easiest way will be for you to put simple balloons, not to show qty in balloons.And for the qty to look in the BOM.

Don't know if this can be done with the default balloons because I think that the qty that is showed in balloons is the default one and is not the qty from relations. But I have an idea, you could create a custom balloon (parametric) that will use the qty from relations.

This is how a standard balloon symbol is looking:

View attachment 3626

Try to create a balloon symbol (format / symbol gallery/ define) and instead of qty use another parameter(string) generated by the relations you wrote.

thanks for the reply.

What you said makes sense, specially since all my balloons are quantity of 1...

I'll see what my boss says about that since all our drawings show the balloons with qty.

Thanks,

Erasmo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back