Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Repeat Region/BOM Organization

maesoph

Dear All:

I have a system with several assemblies combined into a top level assembly. Each assembly has its own BOM and this is all working well. To enter this data into our MRP system, I need a top level BOM listing all components that maintains the parent/child relationship. Basically, an indented, top level,BOM and I have been able to do just about everything but this. I am certain this is doable, but haven't figured out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't understand exactly what you need but:

1. If you need a bom for you top level assembly to show all the subassemblies then you can use the same bom that those subassemblies use, don't see why not.

2. If you want to show in your top level assembly a BOM that contains all the parts inall the subassy's in yourtop level then you use repeat region / flat recursive. First you put the same BOM as the one used by your subassy's then go to repeat region / flat recursive and click on one subassembly in the BOM. Now the BOM will show all the parts that are in that subassy. Repeat this steps for all subassy's. And now you wil have a large BOM containing all the parts.

(when you use flat recursive the BOM shows all the parts and also the subassy that you made flat recursive from. If you don't want to show the subassy along with it's parts then filter the subassy)

I hope this is what you need
smiley2.gif

Basically, yes, this is exactly what I want, but....

I need the components for each assembly listed immediately below each assembly in a recursive fashion. The procedure above dumps everything in the table by alphabetical order by description. I want to maintain the parent/child relationship.

I don't use this kind of table, I try it once,but yes it works until level 4 because there are 4 repeat regions in that table that Srini posted, as I can tell.

And you should make a small change to the table, that is repeat region / attributes set it to No dupl / level. Not to show every screw or parts in the BOM per level, but rather to show the screws per level with quantity. You will have to do this for all 4 repeat regions.

If you need more than 4 levels , I guess you can add more, don't see why not. You will end up with a monster tabel.
smiley2.gif

Four levels was enough. I selected the options needed to get things right and it worked out. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back