Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rendering High Quality JPEG’s of a model.

I figured it out. In case others want to know, you simply have to do the following.

Go to File>Save a Copy.
In the 'Type' box, change the type to .JPEG.

As simple as that
smiley9.gif

Well ... For all the views of that model in JPEG format, Go
to 'File' menu and then click on the 'Save a Copy' ... From
type, select 'WWW' ... This will generate JPEG files of all
the views of your model (front, bottom, right, left, top,
iso, etc.) in a folder ... :) :)

Save a Copy/TIFF (Snapshot)/OK/yes

Open this in Paint and save as a .jpg

View attachment 5224

This is a small part...

To get rid of the background, pick on VIEW/Display Settings/System Colors/Background/the black Z button, move sliders to the right/CLOSE/OK. Now you can do the Save As.

one more tip.... save the file as "PDF U3D". this creates a
3D pdf in which the model can be spun around in Acrobat
reader.

As Roger mentioned to remove the background, you can use View>Display>System Colors. I generally use the schemes predefined in the menu as I find it quicker to get back to my initial startup colors.

I have two mapkeys...one to switch to black on white, and then one to switch back to initial

View attachment 5225

If you want high quality, the best way is to render the part. You can set the render to output a .jpeg file and it gives you options for better control. Go under view>model setup>render settings.

krow72 said:
If you want high quality, the best way is to render the part.

Another way is to create a mapkey that sets a custom visualization. I used to have a mapkey that worked this way, switching on "enhanced realism", maxing edge and surface quality, hiding quilts and turning on model edges and "display small surfaces". That way you have an image that's not as good as arendering, but it's much easier and faster to obtain :)

Paolo

if you want a "high quality RENDERING" , then thats something completlydifferent from a "save a copy"/snapshot/tiff/3dpdf" and so on, dont get that mixed up.

Try to do like Krow72 says, thats the best way in pro/E. If you got arx, then your pics can be even better than with the regular photorender application.

I would recommend something like "keyshot"(or similar) , that is ifyou want high quality without having to spendto much timelearning the software .

//Tobias

Edited by: tobbo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back