Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Removing material

DigDug

I'm having trouble removing the material inside the highlighted extrusion. For some reason the "Remove Material" button is greyed out.

Could anyone tell me why it won't allow me to remove this, and how can I remove it?

Cheers

proeng2.jpg

From your picture the extrusion is a surface. You need to change it to extrude as solid. I would also extend your skecth to the left sothe linedoesn't touch the arc.
Edited by: kdem

also where your sketch touches itself in the middle
probably is causing the problem. Try making the cut
extend beyond the solid so there is only 1 closed loop
in your sketch.

Cheers, got it now.

That was part of the problem, for some reason it wouldn't allow the curve, because I drew them using the "elliptical fillet between two entities" button. No idea why not, but I fiddled around for a while and got it in the end.

Like I was saying before, if you move that one edge of your sketch lets say 1 unit off of the top surface rather than aligned with the top surface, that should allow this sketch to cut without changing any of the fillets.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back