Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Removing material dependencies

MichailS

Hi

I have an assembly that I did some FEA on, and now I can't remove the material from the part models anymore.

If I go to Edit→Setup→Material I see the window with the available choices to the left and a ►STEEL to the right.

If I try to delete the material, I get "The material is referenced by Simulation Entity. Please remove the dependencies before deleting the material."

So I go into Pro/M and I remove the material assignment from the model, but it doesn't help. There is still a Material-STEEL entry in the model tree and I still get the above failure when I try to remove the material.

Err.. what now?

You must have some material. You can replace material with another material.Why you want to remove material from part....?

I only have to have a material in Pro/M, not Pro/E.

I did manage to get around the problem by first replacing the material, then deleting it.

I wanted to remove the material because I had problems with units and densities, and I wanted to "reset" everything to find where the problem was.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back