Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

relation help

I am trying to automate a model as much as posible. I have a cylindrical extrusion with a shell comand following to give it a thickness. (Model is a tank)When the extrusion gets too long the thickness of the shell fails. Can I write a relation to change the shell dim when the extrusion gets to a certain length and above? I dont see a greater than funtion in there. Any help?

you could do something like this, if the cylinder length = d1 and the shell thickness = d2

If d1 <= 10.0

d2 = .25

else

d2= .125

endif

While I have your attention. Is there a clever way to make this work. There is a "Volume" model that drives the size of the tank. All other models are driven off this. If I change 2 dimensions (volume length & volume diameter) the entire model updates. Can I set it up to automate any way? Like with reps ot parameters or something that would wow the bosses?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back