Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reference feature

Jacoolo

Does anybody use Reference feature > IntentSurf/Chain, Datum, Axis etc with success?

I see some potential regarding Autoround but it is hard to see further advantages.

Some other advatages are searching, placing on layers, auto-placing UDF features (haven't tried this one), and projecting a curve or sketch onto surfaces that you would need to select individually.You can also use the reference feature as trajectory referencesfor a VSS, Swept Blend, or Sweep.

still finding appropriate valuable examples of potential advantages comes hard to me. If I am up to select several curves for VSS among other existing it means I`ve got a mess in my model. It could be an issue if these curves comes out of my model, from assembly, but then Reference feature does not work on this level, and I would use publish geom instead.

I found some potential of Intentchain in Sketcher when it bounds edges from different features, which can not be selected at once by Intentchain directly from Reference window in sketcher.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back