Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Re-orienting broken view

iland99

Is it possible to re-orient a broken view? I've ran into a situation where I would like to rotate a broken view about an axis by 40 degrees. I've created the new view orientation in my model, and would like to apply this new view orientation to the existing broken view. It appears this isn't possible if the view is broken.

I've tried to switch the broken view to a general view,but it appears this also isn't possible in Wildfire 2.

It's looking like I'll have to create a new view with the proper orientation, move all the dimensions to the new view, and delete the original broken view. I'd like to avoid doing this if at all possible, as the broken view is parent to 3 other views containing 60+ dimensions. If anyone has a work-around, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

iland99

Make the other 3 views general. Then make your new view. Transfer the dimensions, or create new ones. You canreinstate the view dependancy.

There are limitations (yet) with broken views. I thought I read somewhere that WF4 will take care of this?

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back