Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Quilts after an assembly-cut

Danny DHondt

Hi,

We have an assembly whit some threaded holes in it. Now we have to finish the assembly and make an assembly cut. Everything works well until we make a drawing off that assembly.There we see that the quilt of the threaded hole isn't cut. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?
Edited by: Danny DHondt

Is it a cosmetic feature you talkin about? Im not sure ...If so u can hide the cosmetic feature.
Edited by: Asho Pulsar

Make a datum plane offset at the distance your assembly cut is goint to be in your final assembly. Use this datum plane as the start surface for your thread rather than the uncut surface. Alternative you can trim the quilt afterwards but which ever method you use you will need a datum plane present. Select the quilt and then select the datum plane as the trim reference.

Hi
I've a similar problem with a bolted assembly all parts are tapped before the assembly operation (in part mode in proe). After the assembly operation I remove a 1mm of the surfarce (assembly cut in proe).
I need detailed drawings of the parts and detailed drawing of the assembly for the cut.
When I follow the steps above I can't get the 2 drawings as they should be.
I could have the correct thread on the ssy drawing but the thread is hidden on the part or the correct thread on the part but then the thread is protrude in the assembly.

Thanks for the files

I forgot one detail the part is used in two different assembly.
When I import the part in the second assemby I can not trim the quilt.
and I have the same problem again.
Nicolas

Since the part is going to be used in two different assemblies you might try this if it's an acceptable workaround. Create the threaded holeand the material removal features in the part. You can then trim back the quit for the thread surface. You can then place the part in different assemblies to get the drawings you want. To get the part drawing create a part simplified rep removing the trim and material removal features. You can then put the part in an assembly by itself and create an assemblyrep that shows the part simplified rep. You can then create a drawing with views that show the assembly simplified rep which would show the part before material removal. I can post files of what I have if you would me to.

In WF3 You can creat drawing of simplified rep part.
I've created the part with the tapped holes and the trimmed thread.
I've use one simplified rep to remove the triming this simplified rep is used for the part drawing.
It's a bit long winded specialy when you have over 50 thread to trim.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back