Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Queue Manager

proto_mfg

Does anyone have instructions for setting up the queue manager on the same machine? Example, I would like to use one of my extra processors to compute toolpaths while I still work in Pro-e.

I can give you the procedure but you mite need two independent license to run Queue Manager on same machine.

I would recommend you to use Job Manager instead of Queue Manager. Queue Manager isan old functionality which is only supported on UNIX machine server. It requires license to run e/ENGINEER module. With Job manager you can get the same desired result and it can even run on Windows OS

Job Manager:

Job manages is new technology and works on all platform including Windows or even on the same machine as the one you are working on. You send toolpath computation to the job manager and can continue to work on the same model if you want. This is based on dcad server.

The steps used to configure Job Manager on all machines.

Server:
- On the server, stop all PTC applications, kill the nmsd.exeprocess(From task manager)if it is still running

- Start the dcadsetup with the command dcadsetup -force or dcadsetup only (located in bin folder. i would always start it from cmd prompt)

Client:
- Set the environment variable: setenv BNFS_START <proe loadpoint>/<machine_type>/nms/bnfsd.exe

- On the client (in this case your same machine), create a <shaumack>.dca file with the name of the machine server in it. If the machine name is called *shaumack* just place the word
shaumack and the save the file; each machine should be on a new line. Your machine should be on network

- Start Pro/ENGINEER with the config.pro option 'nc_jobman_visible' set to YES

- Open the mfg file : you will have a blue Icon (if not, look for it on the Customize Screen >Manufacturing), this icon opens the Job manager

- Select the sequence/operation and Submit Path Now

- Then the window of the dcad remote toolpath is opened, browse to the <shaumack>.dca file

- The server appear on the list , select it and OK

- When processing is finished you can fetch the results.

- to stop dcad whenever required you can type dcadshutdown on cmd prompt

Also please make sure if you are running Wildfire 3.0, run this on datecode after M090 due to some bug involved.

if you still need steps for Queue manager please let me know.

- Shaumack
Edited by: Shaumack

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back