Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC Name Service error

Has anyone ever rec'd a PTC Name Service error on thier system? We have previously had this problem, and rebooting the machine solved it. Now, it looks like it isn't going away.

There is nothing in the Kbase, so i thought I would check in with all of you. We are running WF2, on win2k and winxp systems.

Thanks in Advance.

Usually a reboot solves it for us... although I've heard others say they can kill + restart the "nmsd" or "nmsq" processes using a batch file.

Hey 8675,

I used to get this error alot on my Pro/Intralink 3.4 (sporatically, like you said). Sometimes it would be there sometimes not. In my case, it was when I tried launching a linked session of Pro/Engineer WF 2.0 (M109) from Intralink 3.4.

There is a article in the PTC Support database that helped me out. After I applied its instructions, the problem went away (*knock on wood*). Take a look. The TPI report is #129046.

I helped someone out on USENET (comp.cad.pro-engineer) with this problem a while back, see this link for the listing of the TPI report.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.cad.pro-engineer/browse_ thread/thread/5f806dd124e76f1c/37bcf5736ad53f1b?lnk=st&q =%22PTC+name+service%22&rnum=1&hl=en#37bcf5736ad53f1 b

If you are not using a linked session of Pro/E with Intralink still modify the proe1.psf file's PTCNMSPORT value. I changed mine to 1300. It wouldn't hurt to setup the Windows environment variable PTCNMSPORT to the same value also.

Hope this helps.

Hey,

Sorry for the double-post but that link didn't come out all that great. My browser is gettin squirrelly on me.

Here's a tinyurl:

http://tinyurl.com/gpda3

It redirects to Google Groups (USENET).

Hope this helps.

I have had this on 2 XP machines in the past and needed to re-install Intralink and ProE I think it had something to do with the virus scan.

Also make sure that you don't have the Windows Firewall on...

proed said:
Usually a reboot solves it for us... although I've heard others say they can kill + restart the "nmsd" or "nmsq" processes using a batch file.
... or wait 5 mins as usually set

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back