Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC Has Trouble Calculating %ages

mjcole_ptc

Hello Everyone,

I was checking out WF3 today, or as PTC likes to call it Wildfire 3.0 pronounced (Three Point O) and noticed that when setting the Model Tree width in the Customize Screen Dialog Pro/E shows the percentage accurately in the preview but is way off when it comes to displaying it as set.

I believe this is due to the fact that Pro/E has a minimum width that the model tree must take up in order to show the icons. So the Setting for percentage width is the percentage of the screen area left over. The minimum % value accepted as a setting is 5% but in actuality it takes up about 25% of the window width.

Since I don't have a professional copy of Pro/E I can't report this bug, but will when I start a new job.

Here is the display and preview for the 5% minimum.
View attachment 4082

Here is the display and preview for 50% setting.
View attachment 4083

In both cases the preview image displays what the setting should do and it does not match what Pro/E shows.

Wildfire 1-3 M020 and probably earlier versions as well.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Working on WF2 it is not different. It says 10% and it is actually around 230 pixels on my 1600 pixel wide screen.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back