Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProToolkit in wf5.0: error in linking

device

Hi to all!
I try to compile a simple dll for wf5.0 using pro/toolkit but i've this errors:
Linking...
1>main.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProToolkitMain referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarmenuPushbuttonAdd referenced in function _user_initialize
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProCmdActionAdd referenced in function _user_initialize
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProMenubarMenuAdd referenced in function _user_initialize
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ProStringToWstring referenced in function _user_initialize
1>C:\mdl_prd\s_ProE\ProE_Proj_2005\Debug\ProE_Proj.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Setting for directory include and libs are ok, libs are ok but not link.
Someone can help me?
Thanks!
DEvice

Two problems :

- Your project seems to be a vs2008 express project. I am not sure but I think you cannot make ProTOOLKIT d

Thanks spinta.
Yes my vs2008 is express.... but same problem i've with VS2005.
My O.S. is win7 64bit.
Any questions or mistakes?
Device

Actually you CAN compile and link a Pro/TOOLKIT application with Visual Studio Express 2008 for Wildfire 5.0. I do it all the time. You need to download the correct Windows Platform SDK version that is compatible with the WF 5.0 Pro/TOOLKIT libraries. Then you need to "point" the VS IDE at the newly downloaded and installed Windows Platform SDK.

Ok, if you are expert can you give me right version of

Windows Platform SDK (and where I can find it) I need for compile and link with VS2008 express for wf5? If you know obviously!
Thanks a lot!
Devi

I installed Windows platform SDK 7.1; I modified VS2008 options for 'point' directory at newly directory Win SDK....but nothing to do!!!
Not link!!!
Can help me?
Thanks!

Hi Device,

Your project use x86e_win64 lib but you complie your project use win32 platform.You need create a x64 platform;

additional dependencies lib=protk_dllmd.lib protkmd.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib kernel32.lib psapi.lib ws2_32.lib netapi32.lib
Edited by: David Jiang

Hello,

I've got the same problem with linking errors:

protoolkit.lib(rpctool.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol in6addr_loopback referenced in function is_loopback_address
1>protoolkit.lib(srcrtl.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NetRemoteTOD referenced in function NetRemoteTOD_thunk
1>protoolkit.lib(srcrtl.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NetApiBufferFree referenced in function NetApiBufferFree_thunk
1>protoolkit.lib(srcbase.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol GetModuleInformation referenced in function "enum BtkErrorT __cdecl baseDlmGetHandleByAddr(struct HINSTANCE__ * *,void const *)" (?baseDlmGetHandleByAddr@@YA?AW4BtkErrorT@@PEAPEAUHINSTANCE__@@PEBX@Z)
1>protoolkit.lib(cu_dll_tools.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol GetModuleInformation
1>protoolkit.lib(srcbase.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol EnumProcessModules referenced in function "enum BtkErrorT __cdecl baseDlmGetHandleByAddr(struct HINSTANCE__ * *,void const *)" (?baseDlmGetHandleByAddr@@YA?AW4BtkErrorT@@PEAPEAUHINSTANCE__@@PEBX@Z)
1>protoolkit.lib(cu_dll_tools.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol EnumProcessModules
1>protoolkit.lib(srcbase.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol GetProcessImageFileNameW referenced in function btkDlmGetProcessImagePath
1>protoolkit.lib(srcproc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol GetProcessImageFileNameW
1>protoolkit.lib(cu_dll_tools.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol GetModuleFileNameExW referenced in function get_module_path_by_address
1>protoolkit.lib(apfutil.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol in6addr_any referenced in function pfu_socket

I have Win 7 64 bits installed and I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Express. I try to compile my project for a x64 target as I have installed a 64 bits version of ProE and its toolkit.

I read all your posts here and I wonder if you manage to find the solution.
Did it work?

Thank you very much for your help,

Emilie

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back