Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Projecting from a "broken" view

dogurick

I have a view that is broken into several places because of part length. When I try to project a top or bottom view from this broken view, I cannot seem to get the results that I desire. How can I get the projected broken view to have the same quantity of breaks and at the same location as the parent broken view.Can anyone give me some guidance or direction.

1. make the main view broken in as many places you want.

2. create the projection view. (you have to create the projection view after broken step). And now when you select broken for the projection, the broken lines from parent view will automatically apear.

Works every time.

PS: but you have to make a projection view in direction of break lines not perpendicular to the break lines.
Edited by: vlad1979

vlad1979
Thanks for the help. I think that I understand how it works better now. I've tried it and I am getting better results. It will just take a little time massaging the view to get the breaks where I want them. Redefining the breaks takes a little getting used to.

Thanks for your help.

dogurick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back