Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

projected curve on surface

Vivek B

Hi,

I need to make a grip on a handle following the handle curvilinear profile.So, I need a curve projected onto a surface and I used Style for this and got it fine....the prob now is that , coming out from style the projected circle is split into two which I found out when trying to select itand so I am not able tooffset it as a whole. The offset in the Edit menu is inactive...see the pic...If u give it a try u can understand better...If there is any other method please do share...

2009-06-12_064955_proj_curve_style.zip

Any help on this regard would be much appreciated...

Do you want to offset your projected curve on the surface? Works fror me... even tho its "several curves"..
smiley1.gif

When you select the curve(s), make sure it

Thanks Tobbo...now i could select it and give offset...but the result was unfortunate...only one segment got offsetted and that too just curve...nothing happens to the surface...??..y is this...is it bcuz its from a VSS surface?..may b it would have worked on a flat surface..is that so??

is it the surf you want to offset, or the curve? or "the surf inside the curve"?

If it is the surf..then pick the surf (so that it hightlights in purple) and offset.

if it is the surface "inside" your projected curve, then you first have to trim the "vss" surface whit the curve (make sure you keep both side of the surface by flipping the arrows) the, click on the "trimmed surface" (inside your projected curve so that its purple) and offset it...

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back