Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

program

nvshankar

Hi,

Is it possible towrite a program in Pro/E to make a simple block such as a carton box by just entering the X, Y and Z dimensions and paste a jpeg or such image on the box?Could the program be executed outside pro/e and the file viewed in an application such as internet explorer or any other viewer?

N. Vidya Shankar

Hi,

Yes its possible and easy to create the box using Pro/Program.
To paste a jpg is also easy if its always the same image.
Maybeits possible to change which jpg to usewith a pro toolkit application,Pro/Program cant be used for that anyway.
To execute the program externally should be possible, someone else can probably give you a good answer.
You can view the result in internet explorer using the PTC plugin "Product View Express".

At least 50% positive answers so far....

Actuall it is possible to execute the program outside of ProE, however the program will have to start ProE non graphically to create the box and paste the image. Contact me at [email protected] if you would like such a program created.

Patrick

hi friends

how to link the Excel sheet with pro/program.

hi nvshankar,

you can go for J-link and you can show your model as a image ...

and youcan show the dimensions on the images....

then you can customise that to the world through web....

You can use visual basic in excel to export params and values to a text file that Pro/Program reads

Actually I have to give this program to a person who doesnt have pro/e and doesnt even know to use it. The program must be executed and viewed outside pro/e like as u have suggested entering params in excel and viewed in Jlink. Even for executionof the program, we cannot use pro/E. We can only write the program in Pro/E initially.

N Vidya Shankar

Dear ankarl,

Realy nice idea
smiley32.gif
smiley1.gif
,i know visual basic programing ...i will try that and let you know the result.my Previous company used VB application with autocad to create drawing .... that get the input in visual basic as front end .... autocad as a back end ...

Thaks&Regards,

Tharan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back