Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Progecting of Datum Points onto Plane

Pro-Grizzly

Hi!

I'd like to know, is there any possibility to project a Datum Point

onto Plane or Quilt.

...Like datum curves.

The command Edit -> Project... doesn't work with points. Why? Anybody knows?

Tnx.

Let's say you have liketen 3d points and want to project them on a plane. You can create a point insert/model_datum/point/sketched. Select the plane where you want to project the points to and then create points in sketch and constrain them to the 3d points.

vlad1979 said:
Let's say you have liketen 3d points and want to project them on a plane. You can create a point insert/model_datum/point/sketched. Select the plane where you want to project the points to and then create points in sketch and constrain them to the 3d points.

Thanks, I know about this method.

But it will be work only with projecting onto a Plane (or flat surface).

And if the destination object is Quilt?

In this case sketched point isn't suits...

Hi,

Why do you need to project a point on the surface???. you can create a point by defining it with the 3 reference(quilt, and 2 planes).this is similar to creating a point on a plane and giving a x and y dimension and projecting it on a quilt. Can you be more specific on your requirement(Application)??. AND NO, YOU CANNOT PROJECT A POINT ON THE SURFACE LIKE YOU DO FOR CURVES.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

deepakbhat_nie said:
...you can create a point by defining it with the 3 reference(quilt, and 2 planes).this is similar to creating a point on a plane and giving a x and y dimension and projecting it on a quilt.

Thanx.

But I have no Planes and I don't want to create them.

I also do more simply:

- create an axis through the point and normal to plane;

- and then I create a point on intersect of the axis and a Quilt.

deepakbhat_nie said:
AND NO, YOU CANNOT PROJECT A POINT ON THE SURFACE LIKE YOU DO FOR CURVES.

Ok, understood.
Edited by: Pro-Grizzly

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back