Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Prof,Surf or Traj mill slope

jcrook

Good Morning All,
I am trying to finish the vertical walls that intersect a slope that have a 1/8" radius in the corner. I've attached a zip file that contains a word doc with pics and also has the mfg files. This is for W3.
I have tried many different sequences and am trying to use a 3/4" bullnose endmill with 1/8" corner rads. This my be the problem.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay.

2010-11-02_082843_One_Pc_Peanut_Bucket.zip

Try this

1. surpress the fillet at the bottom (create a simplified rep of your part and in mfg)
use trajectory, customize, pick the bottom edge and also pick fit. change your free feed to your feed rate.
you also need to add a value for checksurface make it 0 and pick your ref part as your check surface. Some of the moves will be a doted line, this is where you free feed comes in.

Hope this helps

Tony

Edited by: TonyJager

Good Morning Tony,
I was able to mill the slope like you suggested. I wasn't able to create the simplified rep though. I have a foundation license in wf3. I think you need a higher level. We've done it once, but I have to check the license back in and check out the foundation license after it's created.

Thanks,
Jay.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back