Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE WF2 Lockup in XP 64bit

drvogler

Guys,

Anyone else seeing problems with ProE WF2 locking up unexpectedly in XP 64bit? I used to run flawlessly until I upgraded (yeah right) operating systems...

OK, and here's a red herring... I also notice that Winamp seems to go unresponsive when ProE does, but Winamp recovers, where ProE doesn't...

Killing non-responsive ProE session always seems to work, as the assembly can be readily opened out of Intralink, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem?

Very frustrating...

Thanks

Dave

> What version/build of Pro E are you running?

I think it's the basic foundation(?) package (there is no style command). The Date Code is M160, don't know if that helps... I'm pretty sure that we are on the latest build (we have a support team that does that part)

>What release code of 64-bit XP are you running?

Windows XP, Professional x64 edition, Version 2003, Service Pack 2

Intel Xeon 3.0GHz/3.0GHz, 9 GB of RAM... Hyperthreaded.
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500

We will be migrating to WF 3 in probably a month. Am I liable to fix anything by changing over to that?

Dave

Edited by: drvogler

If you're running WF 2.0 and datecode M160, I highly recomment upgrading to at least M190. They most current date code is something like M240. We were running M210 in June of 07.

Secondly, are you streaming music through WinAmp or is it just music on your hard drive? Some music streaming can slow productivity with Pro, especially in 64-bit mode.

Are you using Windchill or Intralink?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back