Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Product view with Intralink 3.4?

harichennai

Hi all,

It seems like intralink 3.4 is best suited for raw (and fast) ProE data management.

Windchill and intralink 8 are all crap as per so many people.

Only one thing that is lacking in our good old intralink is a visualisation.

Please tell me how can I set up a nice light weight visualisation server that reads data from Commonspace and publishes for viewing by any body through a light weight viewer and mark up software(with authentication).

Is Product view recommended?

Anybody using viewers that is integrated with intralink 3.4?

we use wf4 by the way..

Please pour in all views...

Thanks

hari

Division graphic server (productview) is very good.

It is also possibke to use productview client together with Intralink client just like other applications, but is objects have been renamed then you can get problems. Also drawings are not complete updatede because what you see is a picture as last save operation but is a change later have been done in the model without saving drawing you can not see it in Productview link to Intralink workspace.

Those problems you do not have if using productview server

jnoval said:
Division graphic server (productview) is very good.

It is also possibke to use productview client together with Intralink client just like other applications, but is objects have been renamed then you can get problems. Also drawings are not complete updatede because what you see is a picture as last save operation but is a change later have been done in the model without saving drawing you can not see it in Productview link to Intralink workspace.

Those problems you do not have if using productview server

How can I use product view or product vierw lite together with intralink?Please throw more light on this..

Thanks

Not productview ligt only stand aloen/tick client
Just do as for other none ProE programe like word, excel...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back