Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problems with tolerance mode

photon

So I joined mcadcentral yesterday and posted this exact same post but this morning I woke up to a new mcadcentral and my post and account were nowhere to be found :-s

Anyways, here we go again;

Hi,
I'm relatively new to pro/E wildfire 3.
I have been creating models using the default config.pro files.
I've just received a new config.pro file which I must start using.
However when I use the new config.pro to open the 3D models I created using the default config.pro, the dimensions in my models show up with the tolerance mode set to limits.

The first image at the end of the post shows the problem.
The second image shows how it should be.

In both the default and the new config.pro files, the option; tol_mode is set to nominal so I don't understand why the dimensions show up with limits all of a sudden.

A work around I found was to create a drawing for model using the new config.pro files, then 'open/show/erase' to show all the dimensions, then 'edit>properties' to change the tolerance mode to nominal and it rectifies the problem for all the dimensions in both the drawing and the 3D model. However this is time consuming if I have to do it for all my models.

So is there a better way to solve this problem for all the models?
Or is there at least a way I can change the tolerance mode for all the dimensions in one model at once without having to create a drawing to do this every time.

Thanks very much.
Joe.

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

Thanks but 'tol_mode' is already set to nominal as I stated in my post. Setting 'tol_display' to no is not very helpful, I mean what if I do need to show a tolerance on one or two dimensions. The tolerances showing up where never created. They just showed up when I started using the new config files even though 'tol_mode' is set to nominal.

For few dimensions -> You can select all the limit dimensions and change them to nominal all at once.

Compare the new and old config files. Check for all tolerance related options. Try using the old config file again after using the new config on the same model to get any idea..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back