Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with deleting folder.

matwer

I vave a problem with deleting some empty folders in Commonspace. Such window appears:

Anyone knows why?

Regards
Edited by: matwer

I have same problem (Ilink 3.4 M062). I can move folder but it impossible to delete it. Haven't found help, so must keep the folder as it is.

Have you had the workspace a long time?

I have seen this a few times and our solution is :- Check everything in to commonspace and shut down Pro-E & Intralink then delete your Proi folder from your C: drive

A new Proi folder is created when you fire up Intralink and you will need to create new workspaces and any local Table Configs will need to be re-created

Sorry I doesn't work because this folder is over 3 years old and it is created by our subcontractor designer and of course the workspace is not left.

Looks like I misunderstood the problem. So long as you are logged in as an administrator and there are no users in the system then you should be able to delete an emptycommonspace folder. Unless the authorisation isn't set to allow system and purge management for the Administrator. Also check the roles and preferences under Administration.

I think the problem is in the Oracle database, because in the folder there is no files or RTP forms. Also it is not replicated (which prevents delete command), file space is local (we have 4 storage cluster for each of our local design offices), no authorization restrictions in roles. This is small problem for me to live with. But maybe "matwer" has more this kind of folders?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back