Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/WELD

design-engine

Has anyone on the forum had any experience with Pro/WELD module. I would like an overview if anyone can comment. Does it work in Assembly mode?

Yes it works with assembly mode. All it does is you have to specify what type of weld you are doing and it will create a surface between the two objects being welded. It's pretty neat when you first start using it, since you can do all the different types of welds (fillet, bevel...) and add certain functions to create skip welds and other such parameters for welds. The main problem I have with it is it will create the weld symbols for your drawing, but you can not modify them to use your's or your company's standard weld symbols. It also adds a number of the order you put them into the model that you can't get rid of. It's been a while since I used it (Pro/e 2001 now on WF2) So I don't know if anything has changed. Last I remember, it sometimes got to be a little difficult to create them, since it seemed you had a pretty specific order you had to make your selections. But I would suggest at least playing around with it, and seeing if you like it.

I work for a large corporation that uses pro/weld on all its weldment assemblies. We switch to pro/weld light, it does not create the surfaces you normally see instead you see an orangeline. One other thing we do is instead of picking edges for references we use sketches. When the menu pops up asking for you to pick edge, etc... Click the sketch icon. It will group the weld with the sketch. The best benefit to this is when you swap parts out or modify the sketch will update and not fail more often than the old way.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back