Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/NC- It’s like a box of Chocolates

klheureux

You never know what your going to get.

Any one having issues with WF4 M070? I have had 3 crashes.

Arcs only seems buggy, points only runs clean. Doesnt represent the problem in play path or vericut.

Any ideas?

First thing to do is to try your problem child program out
with no config.pro file loaded. Go to your
proeloadpoint\text folder and delete it or relocate it.
Fire up Pro and go into Tools>Options just to be certain it
is not reading it from another location.

If it still crashes, then try running in WIN32_GDI mode
instead of OPENGL. 99% of the time it will be either a bad
combination of config options or a bad graphics driver.

I cannot see it being a graphical issue as it has happened on two different systems.

This is not a crash in terms of Pro-E closing out, this is the cutter raming into the part geometry.

It did it in a roughing program, there are so many line entities you cant see anything in the play path and the crash did not show up in verivut.

Well, that's not going to show you the machine because it
is not using the G-Code, it is using the APT file. Any
postprocessor errors/machine control errors will not be
represented. I would be very surprised if Vericut machine
simulation missed a crash.

klheureux said:
You never know what your going to get.

Any one having issues with WF4 M070? I have had 3 crashes.

Arcs only seems buggy, points only runs clean. Doesnt represent the problem in play path or vericut.

Any ideas?

I haven't had crashes, but in the past, my code hasreturned an alarm due to an invalid arc (Haas MiniMill; can't remember the alarm code).

I saw your post a couple of days ago, and I was going to respond when I had some free time, but last night, it did it again.The code was for a surfacing job that was supposed to run several hours into the night. Of course, it stopped five minutes after I left the shop.

I tracked down the offending block (italicized):

G01 X6.3593 Y1.2678 Z.2715
Y1.1514
G03 Y1.11 Z.2753 J-.0264 K-.1224

At first, I couldn't see what was wrong, so I plotted it in ProE. All of the X coordinates are the same. The arc is an YZ arc, but the post did not call G19. For it to work, it should be:

G19
G03 Y1.11 Z.2753 J-.0264 K-.1224
G17(in the next block or when the next XY arc is generated)

I tinkered with the Option File Generator, but I can't get it to output the G19.

I unchecked "Enable Curve Fitting" under Motion>Curve Fitting. This is what the new code looks like (the italicized blocks replaced the offending block):

G01 X6.3593 Y1.2678 Z.2715
Y1.1514
Y1.1479 Z.2722
Y1.1397 Z.2734
Y1.1309 Z.2744
Y1.1215 Z.275
Y1.11 Z.2753

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the G19 to post?

Thanks.

klheureux said:
My crash was 10 hours into a 14 hour roughing program, not in the beginning.

Ugh. I feel for you...I've been there. Yourcrash beatsmy losttime any day.

I found that there was a G19 posted in an earlier block, so I did a little more investigating and it turns out that I made a mistake when I first drew a curve through the points I plotted in ProE. Here's apicture of what it looks like. The path is from right to left; notice that the start of the G03 curve does not match the current tool postion.

Any one know why it would be doing that?

Edited by: ckirchen

Crashing may be caused bythe parameter forRetract_Option set as Smart or Optimize

Try using not_optimizted to insure a pull back move.

Possible causes of this crash is the nc sequence parameter retract_option set as smart or optimized. Set this vallue to not_optimized.

Smart has no idea howthe machine moves when in Rapid mode. Retract always to avoid problems.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back