Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Mechanism

yavylavy

Hello all,

I am having some trouble with Mechanism in Pro-Engineer wildfire 4.0. I have created a curve using a sketch. The curve is attached to a component that I am moving with mechanism. I want to measure the curve length as it varies when the component is moving. I have in standard mode measured the curve length and saved the measurement as a feature. This gives me a measurement in mechanism but the curve only changes during a regen not during a motion study. So mechanism shows that the curve length never changed! Please help, is there a way to make the curve update as I go through the motion study. Please note I have the AAX extension but not BMX.

Thanks, I appreciate any help you can give.

How is your curve defined to change length when the body moves? If you don't have BMX, you may not find a way to accomplish what you'd like to do. I'd need more details on how the curve length changes as a function of the body's motion to know for sure.

Chris

First, I appreciate the help.

I think you may be right it appears to be a license issue.

The Curve is created from a sketch. The sketch uses 2 shafts as
references, one shaft is pulled up horizontally in mechanism. The sketch is
setup so that it updates (by doing a regen) when the shaft distance
changes. I am using the "Length measure" to determine the
length of the sketch (or curve ). This is what I am trying to graph in
mechanism.

Hope I am making sense, thanks

Edited by: yavylavy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back